st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Encryption of data

From   "Hendri Adriaens" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: Encryption of data
Date   Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:39:26 +0200

Hi Nick,

> I am sure Stata can do it, especially as all you want is
> to anonymise a single variable.
>
> All you need to tell us is what code (cryptography sense)
> you want to use. On the other hand, if this really is to be
> secret, note that two thousand people are watching and that
> you have no information on my security credentials.

:) That's why I would like to anonimize it with a one way function, like md5
more or less is. (I know that it's possible nowadays to create source texts
that produce the same md5 hash, but no guarantee that this source is
actually the cleartext.) All I need is that the same input will create the
same output. The inputs are strings btw.

Thanks already very much,
-Hendri.