st: elasticity with respect to the observed variable in Tobit

From   Olga Lyashevskaya <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: elasticity with respect to the observed variable in Tobit
Date   Wed, 13 Jun 2007 04:10:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hallo statalist,

I have followed the line of discussion on Tobit models
and marginal
effects posted here. However, it seems that I still
dont have an answer to
my question.

Therefore, I would like to ask the following (sorry
for any possible
repetition):

I have to derive the elasticity (=marginal effect)for
the dependent
variable with respect to x of a)the latent variable;
b)the observed
variable

If I understand it correctly, the answer for question
a) can be read
directly from Tobit output. Question b) however is not
straightforward.

Could you please provide any suggestions?

I have tried dtobit2 module. Is it correct solution? I
suspect that there
must be an easier way to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,