st: -pairplot- revised on SSC

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: -pairplot- revised on SSC
Date   Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:05:26 +0100

Recently Friedrich Huebler raised a question
about -pairplot- from SSC. What he wanted
to do was perfectly feasible in -pairplot- but I have
revised the help file to make that clearer. While
so doing I corrected a typo and added some relevant
references. I also noticed that
the version on SSC is not the latest version
I have, so that is now made available. (The latest version
supports any time series operators used in the varlist.)

Thanks to Kit Baum, new files are now up on SSC.
If you installed -pairplot- before, please type

. ssc install pairplot, replace

If you want to know what -pairplot- does, please
type

. ssc desc pairplot

Although it's not obvious from that description
-pairplot- supports -- among several other kinds of
plot -- what medical statisticians
often call Bland-Altman plots, plots of difference
against mean, together with other siblings, e.g.
plots of ratio versus geometric mean.

The name Bland-Altman honours the vigorous and
luminously clear expositions of this plot by
Martin Bland and Douglas Altman, long-time Stata
users (although not members of this list, I
believe).