st: Re: statalist-digest V4 #2725

From   "Sebastian Kruk" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: statalist-digest V4 #2725
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:08:20 -0300

On Jun 12, 2007, at 12:00 AM, Sebastian Kruk wrote:

Hi stata's users! I am new.

  Then you should start by reading the FAQ:

 <http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html>

Section 3 is particularly relevant for you, as I suspect several list
members will point out (if they don't simply ignore you, given that
you have broadly ignored the advice there....).
You are right!

I would like to fit a new keynesian curve

      Quoting from section 3 of the FAQ:

"Many questions will be of interest to only some Statalist members.
Always recall that members come from many different sciences. Try to
show a little sensitivity to those noneconometricians,..."
Maybe a new subscriber should receive the FAQ as first message.

Given your subject line -- and my own expertise -- I happen to know
that you are referring to a "New Keynesian Phillips Curve".  Be
considerate of the fact that most people on this list will neither
know nor care much about that particular macroeconomic topic.
I am sorry, I should explain what it is.

using generalized moment method.

Perhaps you meant to ask how to conduct generalized method of
moments (GMM) estimation in Stata?  Typing -findit gmm- on the
command line of Stata (note the convention for referring to Stata
commands on Statalist, mentioned in the above-referenced FAQ) would
turn up several options.  -ivreg2- is probably your best bet with
Stata 9.x.  Note that Stata 10, which will be released at the end of
this month, features a new set of commands for estimating models with
endogenous regressors;  see, e.g., <http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?
ivregress>.
But I would like to use a non-linear estimation.

That said, I presume you are aware of the growing literature on the
potential problems of using GMM techniques to estimate this class of
dynamic macroeconomic relationships.  See, for example,

<http://www.bos.frb.org/economic/wp/wp2004/wp042.pdf>
<http://www.atl-res.com/~nason/pdf/wp0501.pdf>
Yes, I do.

Bye. Sebas

Hope this helps.  I take it this is not your web site:  <http://
www.sebastiankruk.com/>.
It was usefull. It's a another Kruk. I'm in Uruguay, very far away Poland.

                  -- Mike
SEbas