st: store tabulate data

From   "bunny , lautloscrew.com" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: store tabulate data
Date   Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:50:54 +0200

Hi everybody,

i am really new to stata and work with R for a little while, so i guess my problem is rather basic and rather a syntax problem.
i have a dataset with household numbers of kids and i want to get a new "number of siblings" variable.
that means i�d like to store the frequency of household number just right next to the household number itself.

my approach is to use tabulate householdnumber... which prints a table of frequency and percentages.

Can I do it like that ? And how can I store this frequency as a variable ? such that i can see it in the data editor as a column ?

in R something like A = tabulate householdnumber would have worked. but in STATA it does not.
Somehow I used the wrong search phrases so far there must exist something like it.

i have the same problem storing correlation matrices. mycorrmat = cor a b c d aint working neither.

thanks in advance !

matthias

*
* For searches and help try: