st: RE: Re: Stata 9/10 compatibility

From   "Lei Xuan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Stata 9/10 compatibility
Date   Sat, 9 Jun 2007 11:28:00 -0500

Hi Steven,

I have seen the news letter about Stata 10 in my desk. Thanks. Except adding
some new functions, Stata 10 changes some conventions, as you can see from
the forwarding message. I will pay attention to the Statalist discussion.

Regards,
Lei

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Kit Baum
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 11:06 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Re: Stata 9/10 compatibility

There is no reason for me to change the existing contents of the SSC
archive. No one, to my knowledge, has trouble downloading .hlp files
from within Stata using the ssc command. The only problematic case
involves Windows users trying to use a 'real' web browser to
download .hlp files. But we already strongly dissuade such behavior
(and encourage operating system upgrades). As Nick Cox suggests, it
will be easy enough, for new additions to SSC that do not _require_
Stata 10, to include both .sthlp and .hlp in their package files. As
it stands now, many contributors to SSC are unable to email .hlp
files (even within .zip files) to me. I encourage them to now adopt
the .sthlp convention when sending me materials (Nick has been
using .shlp for some time, but he will now switch to .sthlp).

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html