Re: st: RE: Question about IV probit

Subject   Re: st: RE: Question about IV probit
Date   Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:59:37 -0400

Tiffany--
Nick points out you are not following the advice ot the Statalist FAQ.
I will point out that you are not following the advice of the
-ivprobit- help file, nor, indeed, the error message you quote:
 invalid syntax
 syntax is "(all instrumented variables = instrument variables)"
seems clear to me.  In
 sysuse auto
 ivprobit for rep78 (mpg price= disp leng turn)
the variables mpg and price are both endogenous, rep78 is exogenous,
and disp, leng, and turn are excluded instruments.