Re: st: Finding/Identifying collinear dummy variables in a regression

Subject   Re: st: Finding/Identifying collinear dummy variables in a regression
Date   Tue, 5 Jun 2007 10:29:46 -0400

Petroulas Pavlos --
It's not clear what the observed problem is, since you do not
characterize the data or output. Is it that some year variables are
dropped in the estimation? If not, you should get the same coefficient
and understated SEs with your "by-hand" method--see the example below.
That said, you may find -help xtdata- a useful help file.

webuse grunfeld, clear
ren com panel
ren mval Y
ren ksto X