Re: st: Insertion of spaces before variable names when selectingvariables

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Insertion of spaces before variable names when selectingvariables
Date   Thu, 31 May 2007 15:26:30 +0200

Garry Anderson schrieb:
> Dear Statalisters
>
> When one clicks on a variable name from the variable window, Stata
> inserts a space before the variable name. So, if one is selecting
> variables, like var1, to insert after the i.
>
> xi: reg y i. var1
> the message
> varlist required
> r(100);
> appears
>
> This can be rectified by manually deleting the inserted space.
>
> I can see a reason why Stata inserts a space before the variable name
> because it allows one to build up a list as in
> summ var1  var2  var3
>
> Would it not satisfy both uses of selecting variables from the variables
> window by having Stata insert a space _after_ the variable name.

No, because

. regv1 v2 v3

The workaround is to delete the space by hand.

Uli