Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: ycommon for single axis in graph combine

From   Nick Winter <>
Subject   Re: st: ycommon for single axis in graph combine
Date   Wed, 30 May 2007 15:29:21 -0400

I would think you can do this by specifying the (common) y-axis range, labels, etc. to be the same on each of the individual graphs, then combining them *without* the -ycommon- option.

--Nick Winter
Steinar Fossedal wrote:

Hi, listers

I have multiple graphs which I am joining in a single graph using -graph
combine-. Each graph contains a lowess-plot of residuals, as well as a
histogram in the background to indicate the relative number of
observations at the different covariate values.

I would like to use common values for the y axis in my plot, but only
for the axis indicating values for the lowess-graph - not for the
histogram axis. -ycommon- seems to impose common values for all axis,
which in my case is unfortunate. This is because one of the variable has
a very many observations concentrated at a single value, so the values
of this histogram dominate the others (The others have frequencies more
or less equal to zero in comparison)

Is there a way to solve or work around this problem?

Thank you for all your help so far,

*   For searches and help try:
Nicholas Winter                                 434.924.6994 t
Assistant Professor                             434.924.3359 f
Department of Politics         e
University of Virginia w
PO Box 400787, 100 Cabell Hall
Charlottesville, VA 22904