Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Svy design statement and svydes error

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Svy design statement and svydes error
Date   Tue, 29 May 2007 17:30:51 -0600

In a two-stage sampling design, I successfully assign the following

svyset class_id [pw=w2f2f3], strata(skulid) fpc(fpc1) || unit,
strata(class_id) fpc(fpc2)

When I run -- svydes -- I get an r(198) error:

variable class_id specified more than once as a survey design

Am I missing something? How else declare second-stage sampling within

Arnold H. Levinson, Ph.D.
Director, Tobacco Program Evaluation Group (TPEG)
Assistant Professor of Preventive Medicine
University of Colorado at Denver & Health Sciences Center
AMC Cancer Research Center
1600 Pierce Street, Lakewood CO 80214