Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: how to cap an uniform() distribution

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <carlo.lazzaro@tin.it>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: how to cap an uniform() distribution
Date   Tue, 29 May 2007 17:19:57 +0200

Dear All,
I beg Your pardon in advance for my probably trivial thread.

I would like to generate a sample of 16,970 random values within a .6923-1
range (extremes included)with Stata SE 9/2.

I was wondering about the way to cap a uniform()distribution with the
abovementioned limits, since I was successfully in imposing only one of them
at time.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for Your Kindness and for Your time.

Kind Regards,

Carlo