st: RE: RE: Validity of hazard predictions in frailtymodels

From   "Steinar Fossedal" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Validity of hazard predictions in frailtymodels
Date   Tue, 29 May 2007 16:04:03 +0200

Not my finest moment there, thank you so much for correcting my
misinterpretations, Maarten. I will use (1-surv_a) as the probability
for failure in each step.

On a sidenote, when working with these predictions, I noticed that I
sometimes get missing predictions from -predict csurv_a, csurv-. Does
anyone know what might be the cause for this? I've left a transcription
below to show the problem. It strikes me as odd that Stata is able to
calculate surv_a but not the cumulative csurv_a.

I have also been experiencing problems doing out-of-sample predictions
of e.g. cox-snell residuals (I did stset the data to include the
validation sample). Maybe the two problems are related.

Cheers,
Steinar

time	haz_a		surv_a	csurv_a	_st	_t	_t0	_d
1	.0006299	.9993703	.9993706	1	1
0	0
2	.0006299	.9993703	.9987423	1	2
1	0