Re: st: changing number of observations

From   n j cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: changing number of observations
Date   Mon, 28 May 2007 15:31:23 +0100

Not really, especially on this little information.

Presumably all files have been exactly the same throughout.
Are you sure that no third party is intermittently updating
the files?

Why are you repeating what you imply should be exactly the same operation? There may be some clue in the answer to that.

Jesse Moore MD
==============

I have a large do file that I've created to clean a dataset. It
includes some merging as well as forvalues commands. The first line of
code is use "filepath", clear

I've run it five times now and each time there has been a different
number of observations at the end (n=7639, 7637, 7645, 7629, and 7641)

It seems that if the do file starts with the same file and does the same
thing every time it should be returning the same observations every
time. Any ideas on what is happening here?

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/