Re: Reinstalling packages was ---Re: st: Re: -firstdigit- available from SSC----

From   "Zou Hong" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: Reinstalling packages was ---Re: st: Re: -firstdigit- available from SSC----
Date   Mon, 28 May 2007 17:30:38 +0800

Dear Ronnie, many thanks. I will try it.
Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronnie Babigumira" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 5:20 PM
Subject: Reinstalling packages was ---Re: st: Re: -firstdigit- available from SSC----

The list of (unofficial) user-written ado files is very long and I doubt you will want to install all of them.

If you would like to reinstall the ones you installed before reinstalling your Stata system. You would need to have a record of the packages you had installed (you could have used -ado dir-, -adolist- to do this)

All that said, I am not sure whether uninstalling Stata also removes the directory in which these unofficial ado's are stored. You can check where your unofficial stuff is using -sysdir- and you can check to see if your packages are still on the system by running -ado dir-

Hope this helps

Zou Hong wrote:

Dear All,

I have reinstalled my Stata system and run "update all" in Stata.

I wonder whether there is a simply way to identify and install all (unofficial) user-written ado files (like ivreg2 and xtabond2 and many others).

Many thanks
Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>