Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: 64 Bit Memory

From   Alan Riley <>
Subject   Re: st: 64 Bit Memory
Date   Sat, 26 May 2007 22:11:33 -0500

David Airey responded to my post regarding a 64-bit Mac OS X version
of Stata:
> Yet Jon says he installed the command line version of Stata-MP for
> Mac. That too, aside from the GUI version, is limited to 2G of memory
> until Leopard?

David is right--I missed the first line of Jon's post which said
that he had installed the console version of Stata/MP for OS X.
The console and GUI versions of Stata on Mac OS X are currently
32-bit applications.  When Leopard is available, we will support
64-bit under OS X.  Someone from our Mac group will follow up
directly with Jon after the holiday weekend.

--Alan Riley