Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: RE: Panel data - Finding repeated time values in observations

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Panel data - Finding repeated time values in observations
Date   Fri, 25 May 2007 11:55:52 +0100

In addition to other suggestions, note that
this is an FAQ (meaning, not that this is an
especially frequently asked question but that there is
a FAQ on the internet):

FAQ     . . . . . .  Dealing with reports of repeated time values within panel
        12/05   How do I deal with a report of repeated time values
                within panel?

There are of the order of 300 FAQs on the Stata website -- that could
be a whole book of FAQs ! -- and many more at UCLA.

Both sets are matched by entries in the .key files that the Stata
command -search- interrogates. Thus,

. search panel repeated

points to the FAQ is question. You could also specify

. search panel repeated, faq

Michael Crain