st: RE: -xtivreg-, endogeneity and attrition

Subject   st: RE: -xtivreg-, endogeneity and attrition
Date   Fri, 25 May 2007 00:01:52 +0100

Ekaterina,

Baltagi's book on panel data has a short but useful discussion of
selection bias in panel data models.  He cites Veerbeck and Nijman
(1992, International Economic Review) on "ignorable" and "nonignorable"
selection rules.  In a nutshell, if you're lucky, you might have the
"ignorable" case, in which case standard panel estimation methods are
fine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes