Re: st: bootstrap with overlapping clusters

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap with overlapping clusters
Date   Wed, 23 May 2007 15:33:21 -0400

Nick, bootstrapping time series is a specialized topic not much related to panel surveys-and it is a topic in which I am not expert. In the book by Efron and Tibshirani (An Introduction to the Bootstrap, 1993, Chapman and Hall), two methods are discussed: the "moving blocks" method and bootstrapping residuals from the fit of a time-series model. I know that the topic has come up before in Statalist, without much of a useful answer. A Google search on "bootstrap time-series" will show you some recent approaches. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Steve