Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: interaction without linear terms

From   "Wanli Zhao" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: interaction without linear terms
Date   Wed, 23 May 2007 00:50:12 -0400

I have a basic(?) econometric question on regressions with interactions. My
search on this did not product much. Do I have to include the linear terms
in the regression when I also have interactions (include x & y when I have
x*y)?  What does it mean when I drop x, or y or BOTH (always keep x*y)? Any
help is highly appreciated (occasions where different model is suitable),
especially what I should get to read!