st: predicting y, with other variables

From   "alessia matano" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: predicting y, with other variables
Date   Tue, 22 May 2007 16:28:08 +0200

Hi,

I hope some of you can help me...
I estimate a regression and I saved the coefficients e(b) in the
corresponding matrix. Now I would like to apply these coefficients
estimates to the same set of x's variables, but for one that I want to
substitute with another and calculate the predicted values (to see
which is the variation in the rpedicted values using this other
variables). Anyone of you knows how to do this?
I tried creating a matrix with the new x's variables, but my n=2400
and so the matsize set does not allow me to create such a matrix.

Thank you very much for your help.
Regards
alessia