Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Markov chain

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Markov chain
Date   Fri, 18 May 2007 09:46:51 +0100 (BST)

--- emre ekinci <> wrote:
> can anyone send me a STATA code in which a markov chain is estimated
> by the  MLE, please?
However the main thing in this presentation is dealing with unobserved
heterogeneity, which makes the whole problem a lot more complicated. I
have looked at this some time ago and seem to remember there was an
easier way of doing this, but I don't remember what that easier ways

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081