Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Re: Correlation b/w independent variables in xtlogit

From   SamL <>
To   Stata Listserve <>
Subject   Re: st: Re: Correlation b/w independent variables in xtlogit
Date   Thu, 17 May 2007 07:05:50 -0700 (PDT)

Age and age-squared need not be correlated very highly.  If you calculate
agex-=age-mean_age, and then calculate agexsq=(agex*agex), then agex and
agexsq will be weakly correlated if at all.  Maybe that was already done
in the dataset you are using.