Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: probit residuals

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: probit residuals
Date   Wed, 16 May 2007 21:21:17 +0100 (BST)

--- Philip Ender wrote:
>>> Stata's logit camand can compute several types of residuals but
>>> probit does not compute any residuals at all. Why is probit
>>> different from logit with respect to residuals?

--- Maarten L. Buis wrote

--- Philip Ender <> wrote:
> Thanks Maarten, that helps a lot.  But it still leaves unanswered why
> you can't compute residuals after the probit command.

I know that my answer didn't answer your question, and neither does
this answer, the true answer is that I don't know the answer, just a
quick workaround.

Maarten "doesn't know all the answers" Buis

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.*