Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: How does xtmixed/xtreg deal with missing data?

From   "Sarah Gill" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: How does xtmixed/xtreg deal with missing data?
Date   Tue, 15 May 2007 08:04:39 +1000

I using xtmixed for longitudinal modelling of panel data. I know xtmixed
accommodates unbalanced datasets (i.e., some respondents drop out over
time or miss one or more waves of data collection), but what about
missing data within a wave/occasion, e.g., missing information on some,
but not all items within an occasion ? What happens in this instance?
Does all data for this respondent on this occasion get dropped similar
to listwise deletion?

Many thanks to any advice offered,

Sarah Gill
Centre for Mental Health Research