From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   R: st: Comparing non-parametric bootstrap vs. Monte Carlo
Date   Mon, 14 May 2007 16:44:33 +0200

Dear Professor Yaffee,

thanks a lot for Your Kindness and for Your Time.

Kind Regards,

-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di Robert A Yaffee
Inviato: luned́ 14 maggio 2007 16.05
Oggetto: Re: st: Comparing non-parametric bootstrap vs. Monte Carlo

   Neil is correct. I should have mentioned the references.
So here are some of them:  Leslie Kish, in Survey Sampling, covers the
finite population
correction on pp. 43ff.  Sharon Lohr, in Sampling: Design and Analysis,
this matter on pp 33,45.  She also refers to this matter in pp. 196-199.  W.
E. Deming
in Some Theory on Sampling takes it up on pp. 103-104.  Efron and
Tibshirani, 1986, sec 9
take up the number of iterations needed.
      Bob Yaffee

Robert A. Yaffee, Ph.D.
Research Professor
Shirley M. Ehrenkranz