Re: st: Whether the dichotomous variable be treated as endogenous variable in the path analysis and how?(help)

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Whether the dichotomous variable be treated as endogenous variable in the path analysis and how?(help)
Date   Sun, 13 May 2007 05:01:57 -0500

Gender cannot be an endogeneous variable in any regression (except
probably in artificial insemination), so you must be studying
attitudes toward sex, right? As Maarten indicated, there are better
models that account for the binary character of your variable.
Econometricians have their ways of dealing with endogenous variables,
too, including the binary ones, through instrumental variables, so you
would want to check if you can find somebody nearby with that sort of
expertise.