Re: st: interested in tabvals

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: interested in tabvals
Date   Sat, 12 May 2007 09:34:10 -0700

Thank you Maarten!

The program is actually in this message. If you scroll down you see
inside the message by Michael a bunch of Stata code beginning with:
program define tabvals

and ending with:
end

Copy those lines and store them in a file called tabvals.ado in your
personal adopath. To find your personal adopaht type -adopath- in Stata
and look at the path labeled (PERSONAL). It is probably best to find
the original message by Michael so you won't have to edit out all the
"> >>". Also take care of line breaks.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

--- Michael McCulloch <[email protected]> wrote:

 Hello Statalist members,
 This -tabvals- program looks useful. I have searched the Stata site
 and the web without success. Is this a program that can be obtained
 for use?
 Thank you.

 >thank you for sharing your program, and thanks to all statalisters
 who
 >contributed to the discussion.
 >
 >Unfortunately, I have not managed to use *tabvals* successfully.
 >
 >By typing:
 >
 >sysuse auto, clear
 >replace rep78=. if rep78==1
 >tabvals rep78, values(1 2 3 4 5)
 >
 >I get:
 >
 >. tabvals rep78, values(1 2 3 4 5)
 >option if required
 >r(198);
 >
 >The syntax command in your code is likely to contain the information
 >on how to use the "if" option... but I must be missing somenthing:
 >*tabvals* refuses to cooperate with me... I would appreciate any
 help.

 >- Giovanni

 :)
 >>  >