Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: regression with coefficients at a set value

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: regression with coefficients at a set value
Date   Fri, 11 May 2007 20:17:58 +0100 (BST)

--- Silcocks Paul <> wrote:
> What is the best way to perform a multiple regression-type analysis
> (Cox, Poisson, glm etc) with some or all of the regression
> coefficients constrained to a fixed value (not necessarily all the
> same)?

Knowing that there is a constraint on the parameters does not help you
in any way in choose between these models. So other considerations
should play a role here.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address:

+31 20 5986715

All New Yahoo! Mail  Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you.