st: Left truncation in survival: how to use stset origin and enter options

From   Diego Bellavia <[email protected]>
To   STATAlist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Left truncation in survival: how to use stset origin and enter options
Date   Fri, 11 May 2007 14:34:23 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Statalisters,

I have a question regarding the use of origin and enter option when stsetting data for a survival analysis with left truncation (delayed entry).

 I have the diagnosis date and the exam date for all my patients. The exam date can be also few years after the diagnosis date.
Obviously the diagnosis date is the date patients start to be at risk (end-point: death) but the aim of the study is to look at the prognostic value
of the lab examination we do on our study population, and the follow-up in that case is only 3 years (where the follow-up from the diagnosis time
is 7-8 years).

How should I stset my data to take into account the diagnosis date but to look at the prognostic value of the exam date ?

Thank you in advance for any idea / help

Diego

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html