st: 2SLS Tobit

From   "Rios Galvez, Ana R" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: 2SLS Tobit
Date   Fri, 11 May 2007 08:27:03 -0400

Stata users,

I am working on a 2SLS in which the endogenous variable is modeled using
a Tobit model (lower bound=0, upper bound=1) and the second-stage
regression also uses a Tobit model.

1st. stage

TE=f(farm charactersitics, household characteristics, country dummies)
--->Tobit model (lower bound=0, upper bound=1)

where TE takes values between 0 and 1

2nd. stage

Surplus index=f(predicted TE, farm characteristics, household
characteristics, country dummies)  --> Tobit model (lower bound=-1,
upper bound=1)

where surplus index takes values between -1 and 1.

I was wondering ig there is any STATA command/code to perfrom this
analysis.  Any comment or suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ana R. Rios
Ph.D. Candidate and Research Assistant
Department of Agricultural Economics