From   "Neal Traven" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Upcoming NetCourses
Date   Thu, 10 May 2007 10:00:35 -0700

Kevin, I'm a semi-newbie to Stata ... used it about 10 years ago and don't
even know which version it was, and have recently started a position
requiring me to use Stata 9.

I'm interested in the NetCourses, but I'm not sure which to participate in.
I believe I'm somewhere between/within NC-101 and NC-151, and would benefit
from portions of both of those courses.  So my questions are:

a. Is it possible, permissible, and appropriate to take NC-101 and NC-151
b. If not, is NC-151 basic enough that a semi-newbie will be able to follow
along?  (yes, I'm aware that you can't know my personal familiarity level
with the program ... I'm just soliciting general opinions).

Neal D. Traven, PhD
Research Consultant
Harborview Injury Prevention Research Center
325 Ninth Ave, Box 359960, Seattle WA  98104-2499