Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: Re: string management functions

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: string management functions
Date   Thu, 10 May 2007 07:42:12 -0400

sacrificial ram

My earlier posting on this subject demonstrated that:  uniqlist.

On May 10, 2007, at 2:33 AM, statalist-digest wrote:

2. I asked this before. I have a string variable. One observation is like
"a, b, f, g, b, a, a, f, g, g". How do I create another variable which shows
no repeated values, i.e., "a, b, f, g". The sequence does not matter. Thank
you very much.