Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Missing data after multiple imputation

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Missing data after multiple imputation
Date   Wed, 9 May 2007 20:58:53 +0100 (BST)

--- ucb_gal <> wrote:
> Hi, I've run -ice- and my new imputed dataset still has missing data.
>  Is this normal?  If so, why does this happen?

Yes it is normal: -ice- stores the different datasets stacked on top of
each other. It differentiates between samples using the variable _mj.
The first sample (which is not used by -micombine- or -mim- has a value
for _mj of 0 and is just the original data, with missing values.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081