Statalist The Stata Listserver

st: graph box for wide arranged data

From   "Stephan Brunow" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: graph box for wide arranged data
Date   Wed, 9 May 2007 11:06:50 +0200

Dear Stata users,

I want to do a graph box where my data is in wide form. For example, every
observation has information on 3 groups where the information is stored in
separate variables, say age1 age2 age3.
If I would reshape the data to long form I could do

.gr box age, over(groupid)

Is there an option to do that with my wide data table or is it necessary to
reshape the data?

Thank you,