Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Write output to file

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: Write output to file
Date   Fri, 4 May 2007 11:19:09 -0400

Hendri --
I think Dirk means -ssc install- which works for -estout- and -outreg-
and -outreg2- among other options (I like -estout- myself).  I believe
Dirk intends you to compute one of the residuals possible after
-logit-, all of which are described in -help logit postestimation-,
but you are better off using the -resid- option if that's what you
want.  You can see where Stata keeps the estimates by typing -eret li-
after an estimation command, and you can use them in various ways with
-matrix- commands. Ex:

sysuse auto, clear
logit for mpg wei rep78
eret li
mat li e(b)
mat li e(V)
predict yhat
gen dirk=(yhat-for)/ sqrt(yhat*(1-yhat))
predict e1, dev
predict e2, resid
predict e3, rst
su e1 e3 e2 dirk

But note:

logit for mpg
predict yhat2
gen dirk2=(yhat-for)/ sqrt(yhat*(1-yhat))
predict r2, resid
su r2 dirk2