RE: st: Heterokedasticity - help

Subject   RE: st: Heterokedasticity - help
Date   Thu, 3 May 2007 19:57:11 +0100

Ingo, Le,

Two thoughts:

First, Stock and Watson have shown that the usual heteroskedastic-robust
SEs for the fixed effects estimator are not consistent, but the
cluster-robust ones are.  See

http://www.nber.org/papers/T0323

Second, -xtivreg2- will run on Stata 8.2 and supports standard fixed
effects estimation with no endogenous regressors as well as -cluster-
and -robust-.

Cheers,
Mark