RE: st: String vector

From   "Hendri Adriaens" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: String vector
Date   Tue, 1 May 2007 16:17:26 +0200

> Just for the record, I wasn't trying to disparage the manner
> in which SAS is
> programmed, or to imply that SAS programs cannot be written
> in efficient,
> readable and maintainable code.  It's just that, for a
> variety of reasons,
> the best approach to a particular data management problem is
> often very
> different between the two packages.
>
> Nevertheless, many of the basic data management points made
> in the Stata
> programming NetCourses are general concepts, and so,
> regardless of whether
> your current project's programming is done for now, and
> whether you end up
> using another language or package (including SAS) in a future
> project, you
> might still benefit.

Ok. If I wasn't extremely short in time... I will need to do some further
programming in stata btw, I remembered later.

> P.S.  I didn't mention it, because I wasn't sure that it
> would help in your
> case, but keep in mind that Stata has a -set trace on- command and a
> -set tracedepth . . .- command that can be judiciously placed
> to help debug
> problems, too.

Ok, thank you. That will help indeed.

Best regards,