RE: st: Re: hausman's test with xtivreg2

Subject   RE: st: Re: hausman's test with xtivreg2
Date   Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:03:32 +0100

Erasmo,

I wonder whether this is because -xtivreg2- does everything (as it
should) after applying the mean-deviation transform to all variables,
whereas your -sureg- command seems to use variables constructed from the
data before demeaning.

Perhaps try demeaning your mi1, mi2 and zit variables by hand using Ben
Jann's -center- command, then construct the var1-var3 using these, and
finally use -sureg-.  You'll need to make sure that the centering is
done using the same estimation sample that -xtreg- uses.  Something like

xtreg l1t mi1 zi1, fe i(id)
<generate residuals - use doubles>
sort id
by id: center mi1 zi1 if e(sample)