st: Re: Stata and EPS2PDF

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Stata and EPS2PDF
Date   Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:37:38 +0200

Hello Guido,

Do you also have a problem if you convert to PDF with GhostScript?
If Ghostview renders correctly, Ghostscript must work OK too.

Regards,
Sergiy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tiemann, Guido" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 3:45 PM
Subject: st: Stata and EPS2PDF

Dear all!!

My problem concerns the conversion of Stata-produced EPS files to PDF.
For instance, I produce any graph, save it to disk via "graph export
g.eps, as(eps) replace". Opened with Ghostview the Graph looks just fine
and complete. However, after conversion to pdf by eps2pdf I often lose
significant parts of the included text, either a graph title, parts of
the legend etc.

Anyway, I know for sure this problem is not connected to specific font
sets, since quite often some parts of the eps files are converted to
pdf, but other parts of the same font and font size are not shown in the
pdf. Did anyone experience something similar?

My configuration: Stata 9, gs8.54, es2pdf for windows 4.0.

Best,

Guido