st: Query for OR calculation

From   "Todd Swarthout" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Query for OR calculation
Date   Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:53:52 +0200

Hello. I have what I assume to be a relatively simple question...

For an HIV programme in Benin we had 59 persons lost to follow-up.
We were able to do home visits for 41 persons, after which 33 returned to clinical care.
Of those 18 we were not able to visit, only 8 returned to clinical care.

What is the most efficient way to create a mini database to define the odds ratio...the odds of returning for clinical care after a home visit as compared to those not visited. I could simply go into the Data Editor of a blank database and enter the numbers...but Id like to type in the data.

Visited	41	(33 reintegrated)
Not Visited	18	(8 reintegrated)
Total	59

Thank you for this service

Todd

Services Technique d'Appui aux Op�rations (STAO)
M�decins du Monde - France
62 rue Marcadet
75018 Paris - France
T�l: +33 (0)1 44 92 16 18