Statalist The Stata Listserver

Re: st: Regression discontinuity design

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: Regression discontinuity design
Date   Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:58:34 -0400

I will present Stata code for implementing RD designs in Stata at
NASUG in August (, and make the
code available on SSC around the same time.  My original intent was to
provide a wide-ranging summary of many considerations and potential
pitfalls when implementing RD as well; some of the apparent necessity
of that discussion has been obviated by the publication this month of
a working paper by Imbens and Lemieux:
If you want a plain-English description of the method, you may find
this helpful:
Let me know if you have any specific questions.