Re: st: Weighted Labels

From   [email protected] (Derek Wagner, StataCorp)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Weighted Labels
Date   Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:03:36 -0500

Guido Tiemann <[email protected]> writes:

> I know that there are "weighted markers" in a scatterplot (Stata 9);
> however "weights are ignored when the mlabel() option is specified"
> (Graphics Manual, p 293).
>

> Does anyone know another option so as to produce "weighted labels" in a
> scatterplot?

One way to get around the problem of using marker labels with weighted
markers would be to create overlaid plots using the same values each time
(one graph would be weighted while the other graph would show the labels).

For the graph showing only the labels, you can hide the markers with the
-msymbol(none)- option.

Your resulting command might look like the following:

. twoway (scatter y x, msymbol(none) mlabel(z)) (scatter y x [weight=w])

--Derek Wagner