Re: st: Re: display of p-value or significance in casewise correlation

From   "Zou Hong" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Re: display of p-value or significance in casewise correlation
Date   Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:41:49 +0800

Dear Richard,

Many thanks for the advice.
Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Williams" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: st: Re: display of p-value or significance in casewise correlation

At 10:23 PM 4/16/2007, Zou Hong wrote:
Dear All,

Does anybody know how to display the p-value or significance casewise correlation coefficient (using "corr")?

I know this can be done using pairwise, but do not know how to do that in using "casewise" option.

Many thanks
Jeo
There is probably a user-written routine that does this. But one way is to do something like

gen touse = !missing(y, x1, x2, x3, x4, x5)
pwcorr y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 if touse, sig

Also,

reg y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5
pwcorr y x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 if e(sample), sig

Given how internally consistent Stata usually is, I'm surprised the corr and pwcorr options are so different from each other.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam