st: ml maximize convergence tolerance

From   Lian <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ml maximize convergence tolerance
Date   Sun, 15 Apr 2007 03:09:32 -0400

Hi Stata experts,

I am doing a ml maximize and trying to find out how stata calculates
the "change" between the two coefficient vectors, before comparing it
to the "tolerance" to see if it can declare convergence. My guess is
that Stata calculates the euclidean distance between the two
coefficient vectors, but nowhere I could find a confirmation to my
guess. Any idea?

Somebody asked this (similar) question on Statalist before, but the
answers didn't  apply to me.

Thanks,
--
Lian