st: Fixed-effects negative binomial -xtnbreg-

From   "Shon Hiatt" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Fixed-effects negative binomial -xtnbreg-
Date   Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:01:24 -0400

I am running a fixed-effects time-series negative binomial regression
-xtnbreg- . After running the command, I receive this message:

initial values not feasible
r(1400);

I click on r(1400) and it says:

error . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Return code 1400
      numerical overflow;
      You have attempted something that, in the midst of the necessary
      calculations, has resulted in something too large for Stata to
      deal with accurately.  Most commonly, this is an attempt to
      estimate a model (say with regress) with more than 2,147,483,647
      effective observations.  This effective number could be reached
      with far fewer observations if you were running a frequency-weighted
      model.

Random effects works but I would like to run a fixed-effects model. Is
it still possible?

Thank you.
Shon

-