Re: st: RE: Program codes of the built-in commands in STATA

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Program codes of the built-in commands in STATA
Date   Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:19:13 -0400

In addition to Nick's points, I'll add that if what you
want is the method (eg, formula) used by any StataCorp
supplied command (whether "built-in" or implemented as
an -ado- file), the printed documentation is generally
very good on this.

hth,
Jeph

Nick Cox wrote:
"Built-in" means what it says. Your only way to get access to built-in commands is to join StataCorp as a developer.
But you appear confused. If you mean -frontier-
and -heckman-, they are not built-in commands at
all. Their code is visible:
. which frontier . viewsource frontier.ado
General advice:

1. Claims of urgency are usually counter-productive.
2. Specify command names precisely.
3. PLEASE DON'T SHOUT.
Nick [email protected]
Sanzidur Rahman

How can I access the details of underlying program codes of the built-in commands in STATA? I urgently need access to TWO OF THE BUILT-IN commands. Stochastic Production/Cost Frontier
Heckman's Model (both the two-stage approach as well as the single stage MLE procedure)