RE: st: GEE and weighting

From   "Gwyneth Vance" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: GEE and weighting
Date   Thu, 5 Apr 2007 13:28:00 -0400

Stas,

Thank you for your help!  I think the -gllamn- approach may not be the
best option for this data, as the health facilities were not randomly
selected for participation.

The -svyset- approach may work, but I have one concern.  We know the
selection probabilities at post-test, but not at pre-test.  This is
because at pre-test providers were not trained yet, and they were not
selected for training until after the pre-test data was collected.  So,
basically, we don't know at pre-test who was going to be trained and who
was not going to be trained.

It may be safe to assume that this lack of knowledge prevented the
pre-test sample from over-representing providers who would be trained
(as was the case with the post-test sample where data collectors
purposely over-sampled trained providers in an effort to capture enough
cases for meaningful comparisons between trained and untrained
providers).

I do want to complete a pre to post-test analysis.  Do you see any
problems with applying different sampling weights to pre and post data
using the svyset approach?

gv