st: Re: Generating independent standard normal variables

From   "Rodrigo A. Alfaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Generating independent standard normal variables
Date   Sun, 1 Apr 2007 23:53:08 -0400

help drawnorm
Example
set obs 1000
drawnorm z1-z18

R.

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 10:22 PM
Subject: st: Generating independent standard normal variables

Dear statalisters,

I have to compute the statistical power of a test. To do that, I need to
generate several independent standard normal variables.

Let Zi; 1 =< i =< k denote independent standard normal variables, and k a
value ranging from 1 to 200. How do I generate 1000 independent standard
normal variables using Stata supposing that k=18?

Thank you so much for all your help on this and previous issues.

Regards,

Tiago