Re: st: SPSS-like tables in STATA?

From   Thorsten Faas <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SPSS-like tables in STATA?
Date   Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:12:44 +0200

In the meantime: Here is a short list of some SPSS commands,
together with their Stata counterpart. -tab1- corresponds exactly
to SPSS' FREQUENCIES command.
I think that's not quite true.

FRE in SPSS procudes something like this:
Value | Label | Freq | Percent | Valid Percent | Cumulative Percent

with the difference between percent and valid percent being that one includes missing values when calculating percentages, the other does not.

"tab1 var" in Stata produces
Value | Label | Freq | Valid Percent | Cumulative Percent

i.e. the percentages including missing values are omitted.

"tab1 var, m" produces a table without the valid percentages.

I think Sebastian's suggestions do not solve the problem either; however I don't have one either, but would be very much interested in learning about one, too, as I find it quite useful to have both columns that SPSS produces in one stata table.

Any ideas?
Thorsten

*
* For searches and help try: